Inspiration

Inspiration 

Everyone has their “go to” for getting the job done.  Sometimes those who procrastinate find the drive in a tight dead line.  Some who plan in advance with schedules and lists are more productive.  I personally am not sure what makes me tick, but Ive been quite keen with my writing recently.  I thought because of the hardships I’ve been facing, the stress and depressed feelings sparked my creativity.  Who knew?  I took something not so great and turned it into something productive and hopefully helpful.  With writing and explaining my feelings, I have a sense of validation.  I feel heard, it feels as though I’ve gotten a lot of my chest.  But now because things have settled and I feel better, my writing came to a standstill.  I’ve been trying to write for days with nothing solid enough to even bother posting.  Which leads me to tonight’s piece, boobs and balls!  Yup I said it!  (Inside joke).

Recently I joined a local Facebook group that consists of parents who have children with health conditions and/or special needs.  Tonight I had the pleasure of meeting a few of these lovely ladies, including the founder of the group.  We met, had a drink, shared food as if we had known each other for years.  We talked like high school girlfriends. We fit together like missing puzzle pieces!  We all just got each other.  We shared experiences and strategies.  We laughed and joked, but we also bitched and cried.  The hardships, the feelings and the hurt.  We talked about our children, our SUPER HERO children.  Everyone spoke openly and honestly.  Not one judgement was made and I could literally feel the amount of empathy in that room.  It was the perfect night, which for me usually wouldn’t strike up my writing.  I figured I needed to be in chaos to feel creative, or so I thought!  

I’ve never had an opportunity to speak with others face to face about feelings and experiences of being the Mom of one of these special miracle children.  The amount of support and understanding that was felt...just wow.  Tonight was probably one of the most therapeutic few hours I’ve had in a very long time.  For that I applaud each one of you.  With the amount of stress these women feel, they still find the courage to share and support, even if that means taking a leap out of their comfort zone.  I can’t wait to meet again and get to know you all even better.  I leave you four VERY genuine special ladies with a message.  

“Embrace the unique way your child is blooming...even if it’s not in the garden you imagined.”


-Unknown 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Go

A time for everything...